Re: CLI interface in the works, anyone interested?

Hello,

On 2010-03-11 04:40, Debarshi Ray wrote:
>> So, for detection, we could call get_object for both tomboy and gnote,
>> verify if they raise an exception and base our guess on this.
>> Does anyone know enough about dbus to confirm that doing this is a sane
>> thing way to use get_note?
>
> This is what I would do if I had to make a guess when the user did not
> specify anything.

I've tried to obtain a technical confirmation about this implementation
from #dbus on IRC but they simply ignored my questions.

However, I have implemented autodetection in the manner that I mentioned
and have tested it in different settings (with both applications
installed, only one or the the other installed). It seems like it is
working great, apart from one quirk when both applications are
installed: both Tomboy and Gnote get launched by dbus, before Tomtom
prints an error message.

I've also added a configuration file to make it possible to specify the
default application you'd like to connect to with Tomtom. (the file can
be system-wide: /etc/tomtom.cfg ; or user-specific : either
~/.tomtom/config or ~/.config/tomtom/config)

So, with both of these details implemented, I consider Gnote support to
be complete.

I plan on adding some more features to the CLI. Checkout the "Issues"
section on Github. An example of such new feature would be the
possibility of creating a note, using a text editor (or piping text to
tomtom's stdin)

Also, if anyone has a feature request or finds any bug, please make me
know about it either by creating an issue, or by sending an e-mail to
this mailing list.

I hope you'll find this interface to be useful :)

--
Gabriel Filion