Re: CLI interface in the works, anyone interested?

On 2010-03-07 06:40, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> Usually people won't have both Tomboy and Gnote installed. They will
> be using either one of them. So why not make the cli detect which one
> is available and adapt accordingly?

Interesting.
How would you suggest to do the detection? look for the presence of both
binaries in PATH and choose automatically if only one of them is available?

I was also thinking of introducing a configuration file to choose which
one to connect to. One example use case for this would be in a working
environment where central application servers are used (thin or fat
clients), Tomboy _and_ Gnote are probably installed to accomodate more
users. Users would then like to choose to connect to one of the two
applications, and autodetection would be ambiguous.

--
Gabriel Filion