Re: [Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] The Case of the Vanishing Dialpad!]

Le jeudi 30 mars 2006 à 12:57 -0800, Terry Kemmerer a écrit :
> Also, when I remove ("urpme") ekiga, I notice that the new cooker lib
> that was installed with it, does not also get removed. I don't
> remember what that lib was. Is there a command that would identify the
> dependencies that ekiga has so that I can manually remove the lib that
> came down with it?

I don't really know how you could do that easily on an rpm distribution,
but I do not use one myself.

> -------------------
> Terry, I think you may have better luck if you get the Cooker .src.rpm
> and rebuild it, install of directly installing the Cooker binary
> package. Adam's Five Minute Guide to rebuilding .src.rpms:
>
> 1. Follow the instructions in "Install the software" and "Preliminary
> tasks" on this page:
> http://qa.mandriva.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/RpmHowTo . You don't need
> to go further than that.
> 2. Download your .src.rpm to ~/rpm.
> 3. Do: rpm --rebuild file.src.rpm
> 4. If it succeeds, you will find the binary RPM in ~/rpm/RPMS/i586 ,
> from where you can install it. If it fails, you're likely missing a
> -devel package: look at the error message you get and you should be
> able to figure out what package you need to install.
> -------------------------------
>
> What do you guys think? It just seems to me, that I need to UNDO the
> damage I have done, before anything is going to work at this point, or
> am I wrong in this?  (If worse came to worse, I could [ shudder! ]
> re-install Mandriva and re-customize...)

I would do :
urpmi remove libopal* libpt* ekiga gnomemeeting

or something similar to clean everything, and then reinstall with :
urpmi install ekiga

Don't ask me the right syntax though :)
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net