Re: [Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] The Case of the Vanishing Dialpad!]

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 20:59 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
Le jeudi 30 mars 2006 à 10:50 -0800, Terry Kemmerer a écrit :
> /usr/lib/libpt.so.1
> /usr/lib/libpt.so.1.9
> /usr/lib/libpt.so.1.9.2

The version required by OPAL and Ekiga is 1.10.0 as provided on the
website.

I think you have installed packages while forcing dependancies. That is
something you should NEVER do on Linux.

Damien,  I have only used the "urpmi" command by itself to install anything.
For example, to install my present ekiga, I said, "urpmi ekiga". That I know of,
I didn't use any syntax to "force" anything.

--But, I did go to the Mandriva Cooker project to get this ekiga version, because
the install that was being offered by Mandriva, was compiled under gnome 2.10,
and I was running gnome 2.12 with matching evolution mail client, and the urpmi
wanted to roll my system backward to gnome 2.10 to add ekiga, something I wanted
to avoid.

So, are you saying you think my set up will work if I find a way to add libpt.so.1.10.0?
(I tried "urpmi libpt.so.1.10.0" but it said no such package, which means I will have
to find it, down load it, and point urpmi at it.....)

And by the way, why does ekiga at least "appear" to work, by showing its dialpad under
running at root level in terminal?

terry