[Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] The Case of the Vanishing Dialpad!]

As you can probably tell, I am not real great on the commandline, Jan Schampera, but
my results don't look like a segmentation fault to me.....here is what I got trying to run
it in terminal mode:

[lucky starfire Desktop]$ ekiga
ekiga: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libopal.so.2: undefined symbol: _ZN4PDNS9LookupSRVERK7PStringS2_tRSt6vectorI23PIPSocketAddressAndPortSaIS4_EE
[lucky starfire Desktop]$

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:25:16 -0800
Terry Kemmerer <wildcard2005 comcast net> wrote:

> >From that point on, when I click on Ekiga to execute its routine, I
> >get
> a pause, and then suddenly the dialpad appears  momentarily for
> perhaps 1 second and then the dialpad then disappears.
>
> A quick check of the process monitor reveals no trace of the
> application running after such a vanishing act, so the routine is
> terminating itself.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get Ekiga to stick
> around? Thanks! :)

Start it from a terminal, look if it segfaults, if yes, start it again
from within a debugger:
gdb $(which ekiga)
# run

It will segfault, then: