Re: [Fwd: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] The Case of the Vanishing Dialpad!]

Le jeudi 30 mars 2006 à 11:21 -0800, Terry Kemmerer a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 20:59 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Le jeudi 30 mars 2006 à 10:50 -0800, Terry Kemmerer a écrit :
> > > /usr/lib/libpt.so.1
> > > /usr/lib/libpt.so.1.9
> > > /usr/lib/libpt.so.1.9.2
> >
> > The version required by OPAL and Ekiga is 1.10.0 as provided on the
> > website.
> >
> > I think you have installed packages while forcing dependancies. That is
> > something you should NEVER do on Linux.
>
> Damien,  I have only used the "urpmi" command by itself to install
> anything.
> For example, to install my present ekiga, I said, "urpmi ekiga". That
> I know of,
> I didn't use any syntax to "force" anything.
>
> --But, I did go to the Mandriva Cooker project to get this ekiga
> version, because
> the install that was being offered by Mandriva, was compiled under
> gnome 2.10,
> and I was running gnome 2.12 with matching evolution mail client, and
> the urpmi
> wanted to roll my system backward to gnome 2.10 to add ekiga,
> something I wanted
> to avoid.
>
> So, are you saying you think my set up will work if I find a way to
> add libpt.so.1.10.0?
> (I tried "urpmi libpt.so.1.10.0" but it said no such package, which
> means I will have
> to find it, down load it, and point urpmi at it.....)

I don't know urpmi at all, but if I was you, I would look at the name of
the packs on ekiga.org and I would use urpmi on a similar name. You
should also report a bug, their deps are broken.

> And by the way, why does ekiga at least "appear" to work, by showing
> its dialpad under
> running at root level in terminal?

I don't know, but the error your report comes from a broken installation
with mixed or missing libraries (and it is clearly the case).