[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: opal headers found

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
<snip>
I decided to compile it myself and maybe understand
> what my problem is (assuming it would throw up compilation errors). I went
> to Ekiga's home page. You will see that there are 3 tarballs. I started
> with the ekiga-2.0.1 and ran configure. It complained about the pwlib
> version so I downloaded compiled and installed the pwlib-1.10.0 tarball.
> That eliminated the pwlib problem. I tried configure again on ekiga and it
> now wants opal headers. Aha! The third tarball is opal-2.2.1 so I
> downloaded compiled and installed that but that doesn't provide the opal
> headers. The only opal headers I can find are in the deb libopal-cvs-dev
> package but that's going to give me version problems. I can't, for the
> life of me, find the opal headers that will play nicely with ekiga-2.0.1.
> Any ideas on either (1) the original problem or (2) where I can get the
> opal headers

OK the Ekiga package put the headers in /usr/local/lib instead of /usr/lib
so configure couldn't find them. That's now sorted. Of course then I needed
libavahi-glib-dev which I've installed and now configure is happy. Next
step, compiling.
Anyway sorry to have bothered anyone about the opal header stuff.
Jonathan