Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Press Release

On 3/16/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Le jeudi 16 mars 2006 à 11:06 +0000, David Corking a écrit :
> > > PS: if you post somewhere, please tell us!
> >
> > The desire to announce your release inspired me to start a blog :)
> >
> > http://voip4linux.infogami.com/blog
> >
> > Best, David
>
> Thank you for this!
>
> Notice that IAX is not a standard. It is just an open protocol, but it
> has not been standardized yet.
>
> I don't know for Jingle.

Thanks Damien!  Yes my definition of 'standard' is wrong, as both
Jingle and IAX are draft standards or proposals.

IAX is a de facto standard maintained by Digium - but you are fair to
say that there is no such thing as a de facto standard - that they are
only open protocols.

--
David Corking
Principal, Corking Project, http://www.corking-project.co.uk/