Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] h323 - LAN break

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 23:01 +1000, Craig Southeren wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:20:27 +1000
> "Shayne O'Connor" <machinehasnoagenda gmail com> wrote:
>
> ..deleted
>
> > I've been having the exact same problem with my Dynalink RTA 100+ ... I was just hoping to see some clue to the problem on this list, and here it is!Funny thing is that I don't make H.323 calls, only SIP, but every now and then, the modem will lock up (but ONLY when ekiga is running - so I haven't been using it).
> > Do you still have those commands to disable the H.323 proxying?
>
> Here is what my notes say.
>
> 1) Login to the RTA100 via to get the CLI. This is documented in the
> manual.
>
> 2) Once in, enter the following command
>
>         $get alg port
>
> This should show the following. Note that 1719 and 1720 are being
> proxied.
>
> Port Num                 Protocol                 ALG Type
> 0                        ESP                      ESP
> 21                       TCP                      FTP
> 161                      UDP                      SNMP
> 389                      TCP                      LDAP
> 407                      UDP                      TIMBUKTU
> 500                      UDP                      IKE
> 554                      TCP                      RTSP
> 1002                     TCP                      LDAP
> 1701                     UDP                      L2TP
> 1719                     UDP                      H323_RAS
> 1720                     TCP                      H323_Q931
> 1723                     TCP                      PPTP
> 1863                     TCP                      MSN MSGR
> 6301                     UDP                      SGICompCore
> 6661                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6662                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6663                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6664                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6665                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6666                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6667                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6668                     TCP                      MIRC
> 6669                     TCP                      MIRC
> 7070                     TCP                      REAL AUDIO
> 7648                     TCP                      CUSEEME
>
> 3) Now enter the following commands to remove the two H.323 proxies:
>
>         $delete alg port portno 1719 prot udp
>
>         Entry Deleted
>         $delete alg port portno 1720 prot tcp
>
>         Entry Deleted
>         $commit
>
>         Set Done
>
> 4) Show the status again and the ports should be clear
>
>         $get alg port
>
> Port Num                 Protocol                 ALG Type
> 0                        ESP                      ESP
> 21                       TCP                      FTP
> 161                      UDP                      SNMP
> [...]

Great stuff - that did the trick (well, i've had Ekiga running for over
12 hours now, made a bunch of calls, received some - before it would
have lasted 1/2 an hour or two calls before the modem froze).

In addition to the H.323 entries I removed, I also removed one that was
there for SIP (I notice you didn't have an SIP entry, but I'm pretty
sure that was the one causing my problems, as I don't use H.323).

Thanx heaps for that!

shayne