Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] h323 - LAN break

> > Gustavo dos Anjos a �it :
> > > You're right! When I try to start a call, my LAN stops to work! I can't
> > > communicate to other computer and even though to my modem. I have to plug
> > > out my modem from eletricity to restart my LAN and my internet connection.
> > > I dont  know if "symmetric NAT' has some relation with my problem, but I
> > > already opened all necessaries ports mentioned on ekiga homepage topic (FAQ
> > > - Getting it to work behind a NAT router). Thank you to spend you time to
> > > try to help me!
> >
> > That's just impossible! An application running on a computer cannot
> > break a modem to the point where a hard reset is necessary.
>
> ..deleted
>
> Actually, the very same thing used to happen to me with my ADSL modem.
>
> When I first got my ADSL connection, the modem would lock up every time
> I tried to make a H.323 call. No matter what I did, no matter what the
> NAT and firewall settings, I simply could not make a H.323 call through
> that modem.
>
> After much investigation, I determined that the modem was trying to be
> too smart. It was trying to proxy the H.323 connection for me, and it
> the code in the modem was obviously buggy, so every H.323 call would
> crash the modem.
>
> I eventually solved the problem by disabling the H.323 proxy mode in the
> modem using an undocumented command from the vendor. Since then, I've
> not had a problem.
>
> Maybe Gustavo is having the same like of problem. For the record, my
> modem is a Dynalink RTA100

I've been having the exact same problem with my Dynalink RTA 100+ ... I was just hoping to see some clue to the problem on this list, and here it is!
Funny thing is that I don't make H.323 calls, only SIP, but every now and then, the modem will lock up (but ONLY when ekiga is running - so I haven't been using it).

Do you still have those commands to disable the H.323 proxying?

shayne