Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Errors with PC-to-phone calls

Le vendredi 21 juillet 2006 à 12:42 +0100, Joseph Wakeling a écrit :

> W.P. wrote:
> > Look like account provider or setup problem. BTW there is better 2.0.2
> > version, I personally have had problems with 2.0.1 after installing
> > 2.0.2 and changing VoIP provider it simply works ;)
>
> Yep, it was a provider issue (my fault, actually).  So, last complaint:
> I'm noticing a delay of about 1 second when talking on PC-to-phone.  I
> don't know if this is also present in direct Ekiga-to-Ekiga calls mainly
> because my online friends all use Skype.
>
> It's quite striking when calling my own home telephone, speaking into
> it, and hearing my voice in my headphones about a second or a second and
> a half later.
>
> What sort of things could cause this?  I note that when detecting NAT
> type in the Configuration Druid, I get the message,
>
>       STUN test result: Port Restricted NAT.
>
>       Using a STUN server is most probably the most appropriate
>       method if your router does not natively support SIP or H.323.
>
> I would really like to get this working properly, because Ekiga seems to
> integrate with the Linux sound system much better than Skype (which
> often either takes over the sound system or sulks because it can't work
> with it properly).

There can be several causes to the problem :
- Bad network connection between your PC2Phone provider and your
computer
- Bad provider which is overloaded
- You are using ALSA and DMIX, DMIX adds much latency if not configured
properly. If you are using the "Default" device and your soundcard only
supports one channel, then DMIX is automatically used. Check
http://wiki.ekiga.org for hints about DMIX, or do not use DMIX at all
(ie do not use the "Default" soundcard).

(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net