Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Ekiga, no sound

On 21/02/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Le mardi 21 février 2006 à 22:03 +0000, Paulo J. Matos a écrit :
> > On 21/02/06, Jan Schampera <jan schampera web de> wrote:

> > > configure --help says:
> > >   --disable-gnome        Remove GNOME support. Don't do this, it
> > > removes essential features
> > >
> > > Somehow the author of this ebuild thinks it's sane to enable an
> > > experimental and not recommended option (--disable-gnome) when the USE
> > > flag for GNOME is set to no.
> > >
> > > GNOME support doesn't neccesarily mean you need a full featured, full
> > > colored, sparcling GNOME installed. It's primary for the GConf
> > > configuration database, the libgnomeui (UI library) and evolution
> > > support (evolution data server). At the moment (it will improve in
> > > future), --disable-gnome is primarily used for the WIN32 build. It's
> > > still experimental, instable and buggy in some parts.
> > >
> > > That's why IMHO this configure option should not correspond to the USE
> > > flag for GNOME.
> > >
> > > But I don't use Gentoo, so ignore this, it's just my opinion ;-)
> > >

> > You're right.. still, I've modified the ebuild on my own and built
> > ekiga... hopefully in the correct way but I can't find it to work.
> >
> > First I called the echo server 500 and the clock server 530 and nobody
> > answers, but then I can't disconnect. Ekiga frezes... I have to kill
> > it. Still, even after the freeze it keeps beeping...
> >
> > If it is of any help I attached  the output of both tries. Hopefully
> > someone can help!
>
> It shouldn't freeze.

But it is, if I can send you some info about this, please tell me how.

> However, if you look at the log, you seem to be using a very busy NAT
> router, and STUN can not allocate ports required for the communication.
> That sometimes happens with extremely busy and restrictive routers.

It is probably very busy since a lot of computers are at the moment
downloading a lot of stuff... still, is there a way I can workaround
the issue?
My computer is DMZ, and I use a iptables based firewall so if I can
just open some ports for this to work, I will...

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm