Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Ekiga, no sound

Le mardi 21 février 2006 à 22:03 +0000, Paulo J. Matos a écrit :
> On 21/02/06, Jan Schampera <jan schampera web de> wrote:

> > > Yep... thanks... gentoo ebuild... but still my fault for using testing
> > > ebuild for a testing software. :)
> >
> > configure --help says:
> >   --disable-gnome        Remove GNOME support. Don't do this, it
> > removes essential features
> >
> > Somehow the author of this ebuild thinks it's sane to enable an
> > experimental and not recommended option (--disable-gnome) when the USE
> > flag for GNOME is set to no.
> >
> > GNOME support doesn't neccesarily mean you need a full featured, full
> > colored, sparcling GNOME installed. It's primary for the GConf
> > configuration database, the libgnomeui (UI library) and evolution
> > support (evolution data server). At the moment (it will improve in
> > future), --disable-gnome is primarily used for the WIN32 build. It's
> > still experimental, instable and buggy in some parts.
> >
> > That's why IMHO this configure option should not correspond to the USE
> > flag for GNOME.
> >
> > But I don't use Gentoo, so ignore this, it's just my opinion ;-)
> >

> You're right.. still, I've modified the ebuild on my own and built
> ekiga... hopefully in the correct way but I can't find it to work.
>
> First I called the echo server 500 and the clock server 530 and nobody
> answers, but then I can't disconnect. Ekiga frezes... I have to kill
> it. Still, even after the freeze it keeps beeping...
>
> If it is of any help I attached  the output of both tries. Hopefully
> someone can help!

It shouldn't freeze.

However, if you look at the log, you seem to be using a very busy NAT
router, and STUN can not allocate ports required for the communication.
That sometimes happens with extremely busy and restrictive routers.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net