Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Connecting to Netmeeting which is on a home network

Le dimanche 15 mai 2005 à 07:48 -0400, Allan a écrit :

[...]

> But that's the whole problem.  They don't have an IP address that's
> recognisable from outside.  The have an address which is translated by the
> wireless modem/router used by their home network.

Netmeeting can not go through NAT.

However, if your GnomeMeeting is correctly setup to go through NAT, they
can call you, and GM will help NM go transparently through the NAT
router.

So I would suggest you to setup your GM according to the FAQ (NAT test,
and following the result, different actions) and ask them to call you.

It won't always work, because NM is not able to do H.245 Tunneling, so
sometimes the call will fail, but tehre is unfortunately no way to
prevent that. I would suggest them to use MyPhone instead. It doesn't go
through NAT, but it supports H.245 Tunneling, so GM will be able to help
it fully to go through the NAT.