Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem with GnomeMeeting

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le lundi 01 août 2005 à 16:33 +0200, Tanguy Léost a écrit :

Damien Sandras wrote:

Sorry, but you are giving too few information about your setup.
I do not even know if you are behind NAT or not, and you didn't answer
to my question about audio traffic.

NAT and VoIP is a difficult topic, but it is always solvable.

ok, sorry about that, i thought it was clear.
I am not behind a NAT, i've just got a single PC connected to the net.
My iptables rules are quite simple, i just open the ports i need.

Since i'm testing gnomemeeting, i disabled my firewall to first make
my tests. So i flushed my iptables rules, and set the policy to ACCEPT.
I know, these rules are very bad for security
but i just want to get rid of iptables problems for my tests.
I'll make this better as soon as i think gnomemeeting works fine.

Even with these iptables rules (accept), i have no sound, so I think i have
some bad settings somewhere in GnomeMeeting, or somewhere,
i don't know where to look. I don't think the problem is related to
the firewall.
The stange thing is that it worked fine this morning and now sound
is gone.

If it works with the robot at voxgratia.org and if the druid test works,
then you have no configuration problem, but the remote user has a
configuration problem.

To make sure of this, just call seconix.com:1740 and see if you get
audio and video back.

Hello,

The problem Tanguy is having is identical to the problem I've
experienced.  The system works sometimes and then sound quits.
The tests at voxgratia were successful, but failed when connected
to a contact.

The test with seconix.com:1740 was also successful for me.

Currently, I'm sending and receiving audio/video but I don't know
why the sound dies sometimes.

I don't know if this helps, but here is my .asoundrc:

# ~.asoundrc
pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

pcm.dmixer {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
        slave {
            pcm "hw:0,0"
            period_time 0
            period_size 1024
            buffer_size 4096
            rate 44100
        }
        bindings {
            0 0
            1 1
        }
}

pcm.mixin {
    type dsnoop
    ipc_key 5978293     # must be unique for all dmix plugins!!!!
    ipc_key_add_uid yes
    slave {
            pcm "hw:0,0"
            channels 2