Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Building pwlib/openh323 : need to keep source directories for using the libs? (PWLIBDIR/OPENH323DIR issue)

Hello,

Le jeudi 14 avril 2005 à 12:06 +0200, Vincent Rubiolo a écrit :
> Hello to all gnomemeeting stewards and stewardesses,
>
> I am currently trying to build gnomemeeting (via GARNOME-2.10.0.1) and
> first have to build the pwlib and openh323 libraries.
>
> The problem is that I don't want to have them in the standard ~/pwlib
> and ~/openh323 directories. As told in the docs, I appropriately set the
> PWLIBDIR and OPENH323DIR variables but this always fails when
> configuring either package.

That's not needed (see the GnomeMeeting FAQ).

> I suspect the problem comes from the fact that you must keep your source
> _and_ installation directories for the libraries to work; this is not
> however clear at all in the FAQ : the gnomemeeting one says to --prefix
> in /usr, which I can't and the pwlib/openh323 docs are very scarce on
> the matter.

That's not correct.

But you have to do something like this :
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

for both OPENH323 and PWLIB. --enable-plugins is also required for
PWLIB.

Then GnomeMeeting will compile cleanly, even if you remove the source
directories.