Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GM without forwarding any port

Bruno Hertz wrote:

So with regular H323 clients, and without taking extra measures, there's no chance at

all you could place a call from a private network into the
internet. Now with GM this even works with both clients behind NAT,
which is very great. It doesn't however relieve you from the work to
still provide proper routing, port forwarding or application level,
for your bare IP traffic.

I agree, I'm impressed to discover its NAT-traversal capabilities.

I think if you could install GnuGK on that FTP machine you mentioned
you should really be fine. If the machine has a public IP address,
that is.

Regards, Bruno.

I'll check if it's possible. Thanks.

Timothée Lecomte