Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM without forwarding any port

Damien Sandras wrote:
Notice that if you are calling a GnomeMeeting 1.2.x user
* who is behind NAT, but configured (symmetric NAT with port forwarding
and STUN, or other type of NAT without port forwarding and STUN only),
or
* who has a public IP,
it will work because the remote GnomeMeeting will detect you are NATted
and it will transparently fool your NAT router.

That will only work if the remote user you are calling is using
GnomeMeeting 1.2. It won't work if he is using GnomeMeeting 1.0 or
earlier, or if he is using Netmeeting. He can be behind NAT, but
configured appropriately.

The problem will only happen when calling another user in the same case
as you (ie unconfigured symmetric NAT).

Great !
The people I wish to call are at home, behind a NAT that I can
configure. So, I just have to set it up, and it will work...
Can you confirm that both sides will be able to call the other ?
Only *you* will be able to call them, because your port listening for
incoming calls won't be reachable from the outside.

So the FAQ formulation is not really relevant :

"If you are using GnomeMeeting 1.2, and are calling a GnomeMeeting 1.2 user, only one of the 2 GnomeMeeting users needs to be configured to go through NAT. The configured GnomeMeeting user will transparently help the non-configured one to go through the NAT router."

Timothée Lecomte