[GnomeMeeting-list] LTSP video conferencing

I want to set up GnomeMeeting on a thin client. I think there is a good potential to run thinclients as video conferencing stations. I've been looking at LTSP (www.ltsp.org) and Thinstation (www.thinstation.org). I think LTSP is the better candidate so far and that is what I'm now concentrating on. My server is running Fedora3.

The configuration I would like to get going is to run GnomeMeeting as a
local application on the thin client. This would be done by logging in
to the client under ssh, setting a DISPLAY variable and running the binary. It could be run as a server app but as a local application you get the advantages of the image compression done before broadcasting on the local net.

The problem with the GnomeMeeting binary when run as a local application is that it wants to access many runtime libraries that are not supplied with the LTSP file system mount. This problem seems to be solved by NFS mounting the server directories /lib /usr/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib onto the thin client at say /mnt/server/lib /mnt/server/usr/lib etc. Then setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to these mounted directorys. Most of the library references referenced by the binary are then satisfied and gnomemeeting seems to get lots of libraries satisfied.

I compiled gnomemeeting on my Fedora box copying the binary to a thinstation account, logging in and running the binary.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is /mnt/server/lib:/mnt/server/usr/lib:/mnt/server/usr/X11R6/lib

It crashes with the error
./gnomeeting: relocation error: /mnt/server/lib/i686/libc.so.6: symbol _rtld_global_ro, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference.

Not sure how the helper program ld-linux.so.2 operates here, is htere a way to deal with this?

I tried changing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to be /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/mnt/server/lib:/mnt/server/usr/lib:/mnt/server/usr/X11R6/lib this acesses both library set, the first being the LTSP libraries and then if a library is not found there is looks in the server libraries. The ideal would be to install the server utilities in the LTSP distribution but it would be quite hard to do this since there are many libraies that gnomemeeting refers to and its another topic to compile these many utilites for LTSP.

 After adjusting the LS_LIBRARY_PATH,the error then changed to

./gnomeeting: /libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found ( required by ./gnomemeeting) ./gnomeeting: /libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found ( required by /mnt/server/usr/lib/libpt.so.1.6.5) ./gnomeeting: /libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.3' not found ( required by /mnt/server/usr/lib/libstc++.so.6) ./gnomeeting: /libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found ( required by /mnt/server/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3)

The version of glibc I have on the fedora box is 2.3.5-0

Can anyone offer some advice as to if this can be made to work?