Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and Neos

Le vendredi 08 avril 2005 à 09:04 -0400, James Ellis a écrit :

> > Probably you are flooding her? Wouldn't you be using "Large" video?
> >

> Sorry, don't understand what this means. Something to do with
> netmeeting getting more data than it can handle?

Or that her connection can handle, or that your connection can handle.
Many users are sending large video while not having a big upstream and
they are thus flooding themselves.

> > > BTW we use Skype for audio as it's great quality - not sure if that
> > > will affect things.
> > >

> > Not sure how Netmeeting will react if it can not use the soundcards
> > during calls.
>
> Gnomemeeting just tells me that the sound system is already in use. I
> haven't used netmeeting so not sure what it will do. If the mic can be
> turned off in it then that would be ok.

I think Netmeeting will disconnect the call.
I even think the H.323 standard specifies that a call should fail if no
audio can be exchanged.