Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and Neos

Hi James,
>> Is their anyone out there using Neos that can
help?<<
Yes :-)

>> I tried installing it on XP and it failed in the
the same way. Maybe it is a missing codec or
something. Their site says it's compatible with GM.<<
The good news first: It works with Gnomemeeting. The
bad one: You cannot call out from a Jabber session (at
least i couldn't) Use >> Tools / Media Panel instead.

>> and couldn't get it working - video test worked ok
but no video when attempting to chat<<
Is someone of you behind NAT? Is it the Gnomemeeting
part:
- see the excellent Gnomemeetin FAQ
- check the wizzard and set up STUN.
- check the firewall if all necessary ports are open
(on both sides - don't forget UDP - it drove me nuts)
- If necessary forward ports in the router to your
machine
- check if H323 is enabled in Neos at all (>> tools /
configuration / h323) and video is enabled
- in both soft phones make sure the G.711 audio codecs
aren't the first choice.

If it's the Neos-Side than you're screwed somehow.
Neos doesn't support STUN yet (nor does it use its
jabber server to detect the public IP - which it
could.)
- Everything you have to do for a Natted Gnomemeeting
applies to Neos as well-
- You will have on way audio/video though. The Neosmt
part will not see/not hear anything as all Media
pakets from Gnomemeeting to Neos go to the 192.168.1.x
local IP Nirvana

My advice which solved my Netmeeting / OpenPhone
problems:
Install a Gatekeeper http://www.gnugk.org and
configure it to route the RTP media packets. You have
to configure and enable it on both sides in
Gnomemeeting and Neosmt too. You then call using the
Gatekeeper aliases.

With a Gatekeeper you can  even initiate a video call
between two Natted Neosmt instances. (if you have
luck)

>> I'm on Fedora and would like to avoid having to
reboot into Windows and having to use the so-called
"super" webcam in Yahoo.<<
Noone of us wants to run Windows- not to mention a
messenger. It'd be a nice question to test if it is
possible to run Neosmt on both sides and communicate.

> Please reply off list as i realise this may not be
> 100% on topic.
Well, you could convince your girl friend to use Linux
with Gnomemeeting too. That's what I did. It works
better than all of the above combined.

Hope this helps
Conrad

PS: Feel free to contact me if you still have problems conrad_b yahoo com

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de