Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and Neos

>>Gnomemeeting just tells me that the sound system is
already in use. I haven't used netmeeting so not sure
what it will do. If the mic can be turned off in it
then that would be ok.<<
Bingo! You run KDE don't you. KDE has a sound demon
called aRts that sits on the sound card and doens't
release it.

Please go to the KDE Conrol Center / Sound Multimedia
/ Sound System. In the "General" tab (the left one)
check "shut down sound server automatically if
inactive" and set lets say 30 or 60 seconds (I
retranslated the literals back to English from my
Geman settings - so don't be confused if there is
something else with the same meaning)

What's going on: The aRts sound server will be closed
30 seconds after the last tone sent and the sound card
gets released. So Gnomemeeting can access it.

You should make sure that 30 seconds before you
Gnomemeeting rings no sound outputting device is on.
(I have Kopete running - that can interfere)

Well' I'm planning to install a dmix device in my Alsa
configuration making access to the sound card
nonexclusive (both aRts and another Alsa sounding
application can access at the same time).

But I have other things to to as it works for me.

Conrad

Q: Will there be an aRts plugin for Gnomemeeting. (hide)

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de