Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Logitech 4000 video error

George;

web page where I downloaded from said it was optional.  I guess that's not true with the Logitech 4000.

I did have to force the load since it was built on a different patched 2.4 kernel but it appears to work fine.

My goal was to  use GnomeMeeting as a NetMeeting substitute but GnomeMeeting may not be there yet.  Do you know if the following is supposed to work because I can't seem to get these working.

*  Text chat with NetMeeting?
*  Reception of a NetMeeting exported DeskTop?

Thanks again and if you see me in the ils server, give me a shout.

Warren

George wrote:
I should have in included this in my last email. The best way to run pwxc is from you modules.conf file. I run Red Hat,
I assume your system has a /etc/modules.conf file also.

# Quickcam 4000 Drivers
post-install pwc /sbin/insmod --force /lib/modules/<kernel version>/kernel/drivers/usb/pwcx-2.4.20.o >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
options pwc power_save=0 compression=3 size=cif leds=500,500 fps=10

The above will probably word wrap if your mailer isn't at full screen. Also put your actual kernel version where pwcx is
loaded where it says <kernel version>.

This will load the pwcx module automatically after the pwc module is loaded and pass some parameters to pwc.