Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] binary package for Mac OS X?

On Jan 8, 2004, at 1:42 PM, Qiaobing Xie wrote:

I am a newbie to the Mac World (just got a PowerBook this X-mas). I
heard that GnomeMeeting can work with MicroSoft NetMeeting. I checked
the GnomeMeeting site but couldn't find a ready-to-install package for
MacOS X... To build from the source from scratch may be a little too
challenge for me at this point...

I wonder if some one could point me to a ready-to-install package for
MacOS X 10.3. I don't need the latest features... just basic and stable
stuff.

Qiaboing, my quest to get my Dad's iMac AV chatting with his brother's windows computer in Mexico lead me to GnomeMeeting but also to SquidCam.

My Dad and I were not so confidant that I could build GnomeMeeting - it has been years since I build a C/C++ project.

At any rate, I thought that you may like to know about SquidCam and thought that you if had success building GnomeMeeting for MacOS X10.3 you may like to share it so that I too may show my Dad the power of his iMac.

Here are a couple of links in my search

http://homepage.mac.com/john_kenn/video.html
http://www.squidsoft.com/

Regards, Gordon McLean