Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] developing plans

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le vendredi 20 août 2004 à 14:34 +0200, maHo a écrit :

I think it isn't related to newbie. For example my friend has ISP which connect hundreds users through one IP. It's impossible to negotiate with ISP to redirect ports to particular user.

Then that's a bad provider ;-)
   yes, but it's very popular kind of ISP, at least in Poland.

hmm, I don't know if I have enough knowledge to help in that. I'll read RFC and try if I can. Anyway, if there is NATed<->PublicIP model implemented in CVS, it should be enough for me

but question: is that NAT stuff Gnomemeeting specific, or there are some other clients which should be compatible with that?. Especially - is there some client for windows (unfortunately - win95) if I have public address, and my fried has windows behind the NAT?

That NAT stuff depends on GnomeMeeting.
It means that GnomeMeeting CVS is able to help other clients to cross
NAT.

So for example :
GnomeMeeting CVS (public) <-> Netmeeting (NAT)

great. such situation is needed by me :D. I presume that openh323 simple client should be good on windows NAT side?

will work
but Netmeeting (public) <-> GnomeMeeting CVS (NAT)
won't work

GnomeMeeting CVS helps the remote to cross NAT, so your ability to cross
NAT depends on the use of GnomeMeeting CVS on the remote side.
I'm curious how is it done.....

regards

maHo