Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting without esound?

And that top layer should take low-latency into account. When you are
playing a mp3, if it is delayed of 400ms, you won't hear it, if you are
using GnomeMeeting and that the remote is delayed of 400ms, the
conversation will become hard to follow.

Yes, of course. Even in netmeeting it is a bit different from telephone because of time the data needs from one computer to the other. As in DSL without fastpath it is >~70ms, it needs about at least 150ms, to expect earliest response, so sound latencies make things worse, of course (and I dunno how bad they are in windows).

CVS is able to use OSS, OSS emulation, or native ALSA.
Release version is only able to use OSS, or OSS emulation.

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

In a few days we will have packages for the CVS release with plugins for
nearly all distributions.

So maybe I should try the CVS version then. Sounds much more interesing. I will probably hack an ebuild together or something as I don't want to mess up my gentoo installation... Is the workaround for speex with netmeeting inside the CVS version by now? That's what interest me most. :)

Cheers,

D A