Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help with Sound Problems

Le sam 31/05/2003 à 00:51, ListBox a écrit :

> I don't think that the other person I were talking to lacked of bandwidth

There could also be enough bandwidth but a "bad" router between you and
him.

> because it was a friend of mine to whom I installed the system... ;) On other
> hand, the router sounds like a possibility to me. I use a Zyxel Prestige
> Router with a special filter for UDP ports 5000-5010 enabled. Has somebody
> this problem with a similar router??? Which ports would you suggest me to
> enable? I forwarded 1720 and the UDP ports.

This is extensively discussed in the FAQ. If your router natively
supports H.323, then you may not forward port and you may not enable IP
translation, and you probably have to disabled Fast Start and Tunneling.
If your router doesn't natively support H.323, then you need to enable
IP translation, forward 5000-5003 UDP and forward 30000-30010 like
described in the FAQ.

> I have noticed in the statistics page that there were around 10 packets lost.

That's normal...

> Could I solve the problem by incresing the increasing the max jitter?

If the problem is due to packets loss, you can increase the max jitter
yes.

> Ah, by the way... the comm is from GM to GM... I don't like the Miscrosoft
> crap too much :D

Then you should have no problem. Try other codecs perhaps.