Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help with Sound Problems

El Viernes, 30 de Mayo de 2003 00:18, Damien Sandras escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I don't think that the problem is with your soundcard, or you would have
> the same problem with the configuration druid.
>
> If you had upload problems, then the other side wouldn't hear you
> clearly.
>
> Perhaps you have download problems while uploading, but if the problem
> also appears with audio-only, I doubt so.
>
> You could have a router problem, with some router dropping incoming
> packets or delaying them too much. You could also have been unlucky with
> the persons you were talking to.

I don't think that the other person I were talking to lacked of bandwidth
because it was a friend of mine to whom I installed the system... ;) On other
hand, the router sounds like a possibility to me. I use a Zyxel Prestige
Router with a special filter for UDP ports 5000-5010 enabled. Has somebody
this problem with a similar router??? Which ports would you suggest me to
enable? I forwarded 1720 and the UDP ports.

> I suggest you to watch the statistics to see if you have lost/late
> packets, in that case it is a problem with your provider. I also suggest
> you to go on irc.gnome.org,#gnomemeeting, tell that you are the mailing
> list guy and ask for a good test/debugging session to somebody there.
> But probably not now as everybody should be sleeping ;)

I have noticed in the statistics page that there were around 10 packets lost.
Is that too much or just in normal range?
Could I solve the problem by incresing the increasing the max jitter?
Ah, by the way... the comm is from GM to GM... I don't like the Miscrosoft
crap too much :D

Greetz Merlin