[GnomeMeeting-list] Help with Sound Problems

I'm desperate. I have been looking in this list for a long time before asking
this question, and I haven't found any answer to my cuestion. My problem is
the following:

I have a Via82xx soundcard (included with my main board). I had some probs
initially, but finally I managed to install GM on my Mandrake 9.1. When I run
the config wizzard, I obtain the all known "device busy" message. But after a
"killall artsd" everything gets solved. After that I execute the sound test,
and I CAN HER MYSELF AFTER THE 5 SEC DELAY. So I think that it's not really a
duplex problem. But everytime I connect to anybody else, he can her me
clearly, and see my video stream but I only can hear pieces of the audio
stream, similar to talking with low coverage on a mobile phone. The audio is
cut in peaces a reproduced very badly... I thought that maybe the problem
could be my bandwidth (ADSL 256K connection), but even when I disconnect the
webcam so that no image is transmitted, the problem remains. I've also tried
to change the sound driver from snd-via82cxx to via82xxx but with no result.
I really don't know how what else to do... maybe buying a new soundcard? In
case it would solve the problem I'd buy a SB128 (15¤) but before doing this,
I'd like anybody to confirm that the problem is really my soundcard...

Greetz
Merlin