Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting behind a Cisco Nat Firewall

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 12:03, Damien Sandras wrote:

> The problem is not with dynamic ports used from behind the scenes. The
> problem is that the remote endpoint can open a connection back to you
> and if the gateway doesn't understand H.323, it will not know that
> connection is the result of an H.323 call and it will not know what to
> do with the packet.
>
> Am I clear? :)

Well, I have to admit I don't think I fully understand what you are
saying.  Here's something you could answer that might help.  Are you
saying that an endpoint might be sending h.245 data through a port that
was not originally negotiated via 1720?  And further, that it might be
trying to send RTP data over a port not negotiated by h.245?

I think I feel a headache coming on...  :-)