Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Video loss when connecting via 2 Linksys routers

Le mar 29/04/2003 à 21:25, Kenneth R. van Wyk a écrit :

> Well, that doesn't seem to work for me.  If I only forward TCP/1720 to my
> workstation, then I see an incoming call request, but the session is unable
> to open up.  If, however, I forward TCP/1720 as well as UDP/TCP/1024-65535 to
> the workstation, the session opens right up.
>
> So, is it safe to assume, then, that the Linksys BEFSR41 router does *not*
> natively support H323?

I don't think so. If the linksys was not supporting H.323, Netmeetign
wouldn't work in such a setup and GnomeMeeting wouldn't work either
without IP translation. If you decide to go the port forwarding way, you
really need to enable IP translation because H.323 places the IP
(internal here) in the packets.

However I have some doubts about the H.323 support of your modem. If you
forward all ports to your workstation, it is possible it works in some
cases with NM, but not in all situations.

> That did not work.
>
> I guess that the really frustrating thing is that it works fine when I'm
> talking to a netmeeting client, but hangs when I'm talking to a gnomemeeting
> one.  Gnomemeeting is so vastly better (IMHO) than nm that I just want to put
> nm completely behind me entirely.
>
> I'll try some more experimenting.  If you have any more suggestions, I'd sure
> like to hear them.  I'll gladly offer up a free signed copy of my second
> O'Reilly book, "Secure Coding: Principles and Practices", to anyone that is
> able to solve this problem for me, as soon as the book is out of the printer
> (in late June).

Congratulations for the book, it seems really interesting but
unfortunately I'm out of ideas for the moment. Please keep me updated
about your experimentations.

If I remember correctly, it works fine from your GM to NM, from your GM
to other GM clients, but not from your GM to the other GM behind a
Linksys router too. Are you sure that the problem is not on the other
side?

I would suggest you to go for the port forwarding way with IP
Translation enabled.