Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Video loss when connecting via 2 Linksys routers

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 08:49, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Do not forward the ports, perhaps it puzzles the NAT implementation of
> the linksys router. Only forward 1720, for incoming calls.

Well, that doesn't seem to work for me.  If I only forward TCP/1720 to my
workstation, then I see an incoming call request, but the session is unable
to open up.  If, however, I forward TCP/1720 as well as UDP/TCP/1024-65535 to
the workstation, the session opens right up.

So, is it safe to assume, then, that the Linksys BEFSR41 router does *not*
natively support H323?

> You have 2 solutions here as you are using GM:
> - use port forwarding together with IP translation as if the modem was
> not natively able to do H.323 and NAT.

I've tried the above port forwarding with and without the IP translation
turned on within GM, but get the same problems.

> - not using port forwarding and not using IP translation, but only
> forward TCP 1720

That did not work.

I guess that the really frustrating thing is that it works fine when I'm
talking to a netmeeting client, but hangs when I'm talking to a gnomemeeting
one.  Gnomemeeting is so vastly better (IMHO) than nm that I just want to put
nm completely behind me entirely.

I'll try some more experimenting.  If you have any more suggestions, I'd sure
like to hear them.  I'll gladly offer up a free signed copy of my second
O'Reilly book, "Secure Coding: Principles and Practices", to anyone that is
able to solve this problem for me, as soon as the book is out of the printer
(in late June).

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk