[GnomeMeeting-list] Video loss when connecting via 2 Linksys routers

Gnomemeeting users:

I'm running gnomemeeting 0.96.4 on a Debian system (core is Woody, but with
Sid extensions for KDE, gnomemeeting, etc.).  My connection is via a Linksys
4 port router to a cable modem network (Cox).  I open the ports on the router
to allow an inbound connection when I want to conduct a video conference with
someone.  That part works great.  I've successfully conducted dozens of
connections between this system and various gnomemeeting and netmeeting
clients.

However, when I connect to another (nearly identically configured)
linux/gnomemeeting system that is also using a Linksys router, with the same
ports open, I have a problem.  Video and audio opens up just fine and
continues for anywhere from 10 seconds (or so) to as much as 5 minutes, at
which time the video feed gets dropped.  Both sides are still transmitting
video, but both sides lose their inbound video from the remote side.

This happens consistently when connecting Linksys to Linksys with
gnomemeeting.  If I move my camera over to a Win2k box and try it there over
the same network, all is well.  Video on my end continues ad infinitum, but
the remote gnomemeeting end still sees the video drop after about the same
amount of time.

This appears to me to be a gnomemeeting or perhaps openh323 problem.  I am
going to test the same setup using ohphone on top of openh323 to see if the
problem remains or not, thereby determining if it is in openh323 or
gnomemeeting itself.

Before I do that, though, I wanted to see if anyone else here has seen the
same problem?  I've gone back through the archives pretty extensively and
looked for others experiencing video locking problems.  Although I found
several threads that described identical behavior, I couldn't find any
authoritative solution/closure to the problems.

Any suggestions?  Is this a known bug?  Am I doing something wrong?  BTW, both
ends of the linksys/linksys connection are using Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000
cameras with the pwc/pwcx drivers on 2.4.21-pre5 or -pre6 kernels.  The
cameras and drivers appear to be working flawlessly.

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk