Re. [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems using Microtelco....

On Thursday 10 April 2003 15:54, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le jeu 10/04/2003 à 15:40, Krist van Besien a écrit :
> > - I have a cable internet connection. In between the world and my systems
> > sit a Netgear MR314 router. This router has been configured to pass the
> > following ports on to my system:
> >
> > 1720
> > 5000-5003
> > 30000-33000
> >
> > Incidently the FQA only mentions that ports 30000-30010 need to be
> > forwarded, but netstat shows gnomemeeting listening for UDP packets at
> > 32851 on my system...
>
> That's not possible...

You mean it's not possible that it would be listening at port 32851?

krist bern-1 krist $ netstat -an --inet --program

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1720            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
11719/gnomemeeting

udp        0      0 192.168.0.2:32866       0.0.0.0:*
11719/gnomemeeting

(I;ve cut none relevant processes...)

> Here is what I suggest you:
> - First, try to do MicroTelco calls with a direct connection. If it
> works, then there is a misconfiguration problem on your side.

Did just that.
Call is being mad OK, (Ie. the phone rings at the other side), but I do not
get any sound, in both directions.

This is exactly the same symptom I now can reliably reproduce when behind my
firewall...

Thus: I make a call to some telephone nr.
That telephone rings.
Telephone is picked up.
Neither me nor the other person are able to talk...

> I've already mailed you privately to propose you help, but you never
> answered, so there is nothing more I can do for you.

I know. And thank you for your suggestion, which was upgrading to the latest
version. After I'd done that I was able to place a few calls succesfully.
I then went abroad for a few days and didn't use gnomemeeting for a while.
When I decided to give it another try two days ago it wouldn't work, with all
kind of weird behaviour. And today it still doesn't work, with all kinds of
other behaviour. I haven't even rebooted the system in between, let alone
changed anything in the config.

Greetings,

Krist

Krist van Besien                                krist vanbesien org
Bern, Switzerland
"You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear
weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest
bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?" - Rockhound in Armageddon.