Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problems using Microtelco....

Le jeu 10/04/2003 à 15:40, Krist van Besien a écrit :

> - I have a cable internet connection. In between the world and my systems sit
> a Netgear MR314 router. This router has been configured to pass the following
> ports on to my system:
>
> 1720
> 5000-5003
> 30000-33000
>
> Incidently the FQA only mentions that ports 30000-30010 need to be forwarded,
> but netstat shows gnomemeeting listening for UDP packets at 32851 on my
> system...

That's not possible...

That could be a router problem, but I know that MicroTelco had some
problems recently with the gatekeeper. I'm not sure if there are
MicroTelco users subscribed to this mailing list or not., but you have
to investigate more on your problem, then complain to Quicknet if it
doesn't work.

First of all, MicroTelco requires H.245 Tunneling and Fast Start to be
enabled. If your router supports Netmeeting, then it doesn't support
H.245 Tunneling and it could do weird things with packets that could
prevent things to work, IP translation enabled or not.

Here is what I suggest you:
- First, try to do MicroTelco calls with a direct connection. If it
works, then there is a misconfiguration problem on your side.
- Second, try to do normal calls, without MicroTelco. When they will
work, things will be ok. If you are using port forwarding, make sure
that IP translation is enabled.

I think you have to do the tests here above. If it doesn't work when you
are in a direct connection, then complain to Quicknet, but I'm sure that
it will work and that your router is the problem. I'm myself using
MicroTelco regularly behind a router without any problem.

If it works when you are in a direct connection, but not behind the
router, then the router config is the problem.

I've already mailed you privately to propose you help, but you never
answered, so there is nothing more I can do for you.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org