[GnomeMeeting-list] Problems using Microtelco....

Hello all,

I while ago I talked on this list about my problems using microtelco. I
received the sugestion to first upgrade to the latest veriosn of
gnomemeeting. I've done that. And afterwards managed to place a call, that
lasted more than 2 minutes.

I have not been able to place any calls since.

The problem is that I only see symptoms, and do not have an idea of what might
be the causes. Especially I do not know if one of the many problems I see
(every day it seems to be something else) are due to my system, my firewall
or Microtelco's servers... I'd like to know if other people are using
Gnomemeeting with microtelco, and what their experiences are.

My setup:

- PC with Gentoo linux, gnomeetinge, openh323 etc all latest version.
- "PhoneJack" card. Microtelco acount.
- I have a cable internet connection. In between the world and my systems sit
a Netgear MR314 router. This router has been configured to pass the following
ports on to my system:

1720
5000-5003
30000-33000

Incidently the FQA only mentions that ports 30000-30010 need to be forwarded,
but netstat shows gnomemeeting listening for UDP packets at 32851 on my
system...

After compiling the latest version of genomeeting I was able to place a call.
I have not been able to do this since. I have not rebooted eiher my system or
the firewall since...

My problem is dat I either have problems connecting to the microtelco
gatekeeper, or that I get "remote party has cleared the call" errors...

I am not getting very far. So far the Microtelco service has not been usefull
to me. I'd like to hear how others have fared so far.

Greetings,

Krist

Krist van Besien                                krist vanbesien org
Bern, Switzerland
"You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear
weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest
bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?" - Rockhound in Armageddon.