GNUGK problem - Was: Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] no video transmission if called party is registered to a gatekeeper?

I lost the message that I rely wanted to reply to so this may seem a
little out of order...

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 12:30, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le jeu 28/11/2002 à 18:06, Joachim Keltsch a écrit :
> > Hello gnomemeeting gurus,
> >
> > I've no Idea, what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I don't think you are doing something wrong, other users have reported
> that problem with the GNU GK if I remember correctly.
>
> > Has anyone experienced similar problems --- and maybe found
> > a solution? I'd appreciate any hints.
> >
> > I don't even have an idea, whether it's a GM or GK problem.
> > But since it appears even with non routed mode in GK, my first
> > guess is GM.
>
> Well, but GM runs fine with other clients, including Netmeeting, so my
> guess is that it is a GK bug. Notice that last time I tried I had no
> problem. You should mail their mailing list.

Joachim went on to say that his problem was fixed in 2.02 of gnugk.
Which leads me to believe that his problem wasn't the one you were
thinking of Damien.  The reason I say that is because I believe you were
recalling the issue I raised awhile ago in this list about gnugk 2.00
where I mentioned that video transmission was possible only when GM
called the NM client but not the other way around.  It actually had
nothing to do with whether or not an endpoint was registered, as Joachim
reported.  I also went on to say that the issue was not present in the
cvs version of gnugk.  Which reinforced your position that it was not a
GM problem.  I agreed.  I've been using gnugk cvs ever since.

Sadly, the new 2.02 version of gnugk, while perhaps fixing Joachim's
problem, does _not_ fix the issue I had previously reported.  I just got
through building gnugk 2.02 and with one test, I can tell you that the
problem still exists the same as it was for version 2.00.

Namely,
1) GM can call GM and everything works.
2) NM can call NM and everything works.
2) GM can call NM and everything works.
3) NM can call GM and only audio works.  No video.

I'll be reporting this to the gk lists soon.