Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] color quickCam parallel problem

le mar 22-01-2002 à 04:43, Wojciech Tadeusz Fedorko a écrit :
> Hi,
> Ok I got my cam to operate -> I can see myself in the preview...
> I have to run gnomemeeting as root though from the console...

It means that your permissions are not correct. I don't know which
distribution is running. Under Debian, it is enough to add your user
to the group called "video".

> when I tried to send video the program crashes these messages are on the
> terminal:
>

> GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
> specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

Because you are running Gnomemeeting as root and your gnome desktop is
running as a normal user.

> VIDIOCGMBUF failed <-this aftrer program starts and waits for a call
> VIDIOCGMBUF failed <- calls comes in and program tries to send video
> (doesn't happen if I disable video sending)
> VIDIOCGMBUF failed
>
> any suggestions...?

It seems that the driver doesn't send the picture to GnomeMeeting.
It is a bug in the driver most probably and it produces a bug in
GnomeMeeting. The trick is to execute GnomeMeeting step by step through
gdb and to examine what it is doing in the file video4linux.cxx of
PWLib. However, I don't think it will be useful because it seems that a
particular ioctl gives no result or bad result.
If you look here :
http://gate.csl.mtu.edu/lxr/http/source/Documentation/video4linux/API.html

You will see explanations about the VIDIOCGMBUF ioctl and its purpose.
It seems that your webcam doesn't support it, or more probably support
it but sometimes fails...

I can't help more...