Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] How to select different audio stream

le mar 22-01-2002 à 01:48, Olivier Pelletreau a écrit :
> Hi, I am having a Mandrake 8.1 and a webcam toUcam Pro. It is working
> properly if it were not of the problem with netmeeting (refresh on
> netmeeting, even on a Lan is awfull...) but I am having sound problem.

I'm happy to hear that your ToUCam works fine :)
The refresh problem will be fixed in the future versions of
OpenH323/GnomeMeeting.

> The sound I get back from the speaker is very low, even if I put volume
> to max and I can not select (or should I say I do not know how to) the
> microphone embbended in the cam.

I can't help for the sound that is too low from the speakers.
Perhaps you could try to install ALSA.

Fortunately, I can help you to make the microphone of your webcam work.
Simply compile the kernel with "USB Audio Support" as module.
Then do a "modprobe audio" and the microphone should appear as
/dev/dsp1; with mixer /dev/mixer1

Warning that driver is a bit buggy ;)
It works for me at least...