Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] color quickCam parallel problem

Hi,
Ok I got my cam to operate -> I can see myself in the preview...
I have to run gnomemeeting as root though from the console...
when I tried to send video the program crashes these messages are on the terminal:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
VIDIOCGMBUF failed <-this aftrer program starts and waits for a call
VIDIOCGMBUF failed <- calls comes in and program tries to send video (doesn't happen if I disable video sending)
VIDIOCGMBUF failed

any suggestions...?

thanks,
Wojtek

Damien Sandras wrote:

If I remember correctly, the parallel quickCam is not video4linux
compliant.

However Im not sure.

The fact that GnomeMeeting hangs is not normal. It is probably a bug in
pwlib when opening the video device (most of the video stuff is handled
by pwlib).

Try to make sure that your webcam is video4linux compliant, then compile
gnomemeeting yourself and run it through gdb to see where it fails.

I can't help more as I have no color quickcam.