Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

I'd just like to add my 2 cents.
I dont wish to get into the KDE vs gnome discussion because I'e never really
used gnome to a great extent to know which is better.
Although I'm a KDE user,  I think its wrong for the KDE team to pull away
from the GnomeMeeting app and build their own using GM as a base.
If GnomeMeeting was no longer being maintained, then I would say yes.. go for
it.
Gnomemeeting works fine for me in KDE, except for the drawbacks of OH323 and
PWlib, which are nothing to do with which desktop you use.
I would prefer to see the KDE team work with GnomeMeeting instead so that it
develops as one app.
Wouldnt we get alot further with two teams basically working together? KDE
team could work on better integrating into KDE if thats necessary. I guess
you could even have different GUIs to gnomemeeting such as licq has for
QT/KDE integration.
I'm sorry, but I dont see the logic in branching a project off into separate
apps when it would be much better for everyone involved if everyone worked
together on it.

On a side note.... one of GnomeMeetings drawbacks is the fact that it uses
alot more bandwidth than NetMeeting due to proprietary codecs.

Now that DivX is open source... is it possible for someone to produce a new
codec using the compression that DivX can give?
I might be way off track here, but I thought DivX was a huge leap in the
compression of video.
Will it not work with cameras? Will it not be good enough? Can it not be done?