Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 03:46:08PM -0500, Adam Williams wrote:
> >>The reason I say it's "possibly" a waste of resources is that I've never
> >>had a good feel for how interoperable components for each system really
> >>are.  If I wanted to paste a gnomemeeting window into a kword document,
> >>could I do it?  How about if there was a "kmeeting", would it be possible?
> >No for the first question. I don't think so at least.
> >But yes for the last one provided that they implement it.
> >It will probably be possible, after the 1.0 release of GnomeMeeting,
> >to have the GnomeMeeting CORBA (yes Gnome uses the CORBA standard, not KDE)
> >component in Evolution, or Nautilus (imagine, in the desktop itself), or
> >OpenOffice, or ...
>
> That would be fabulous,  my mind spins at the possibilites.  Is GNOME
> meeting currently component-ized?

No, but it is on the todo list.
Great things are on the Todo list :-)

But I think that it will happen after the 1.0 release.
I'm currently integrating gconf into GnomeMeeting. Gconf is a wonderful piece
of software that will permit to configure GnomeMeeting from outside its UI
for example.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/