Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] About recognition of a camera

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:20:16 +0900
Katsumi Saito <katsumi jo1upk ymt prug or jp> wrote:

> A message came to be displayed when re-compiling only GnomeMeeting.
> -> Your driver doesn't support the YUV420P format.

It means that your driver doesn't support the YUV420P format for colors.

> o About Pop-up of a message.
>   GnomeMeeting What RPM-ized and was introduced was strange.
>   Spec file From GnomeMeeting 0.11 was taken out and used.
>   It was not the problem of locale.
>
> o About YUV420P.
>   It will come to be recognized if the following programs are performed.

>   vid_pic.palette = VIDEO_PALETTE_RGB24; /* 24bit RGB */
>   bytes_per_rgb = 3;
>   vid_pic.depth = 24;

Yes, it seems to only support RGB24.
The trick is to add a hint in pwlib to say that your particular camera
only supports RGB24. I'll send you a mail to tell you how to do it.
Then we will add your patch to Equivalence.

A quick trick to make GnomeMeeting work, edit videograbber.cpp
and look for YUV420P, replace it by RGB24 (or RGB32 I think).

It is a partial fix. but the real fix must be added into pwlib.

Damien