Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Choppy Audio / Audio Dropout

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 11:53 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Thank you Craig, for your investigations.
>
> I do not understand why the problem occurs on your system, and not on
> mine. I have a very old P3 500, and I can successfully compile while
> using Ekiga with audio and video at the same time, without any audio
> dropout.

Well, I just made an enlightening discovery. It turned out that in
/etc/X11/Xwrapper.config the X server was set to run with a nice value
of -10.
I just changed this to 0 and restarted X. It now appears that ekiga runs
without modification with very few (if any) audio dropouts.
Oh well, lesson learnt. It may be a good point for the FAQ.

--
Craig Shelley
EMail: craig microtron org uk