Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Choppy Audio / Audio Dropout

Hi Craig,

This is great!  I've been wrestling with the same problem myself and
haven't known where to start fixing it.

So what is the problem exactly -- the ALSA driver doesn't queue the
audio if it gets behind, it simply throws away audio?  How do you know
that this is a ALSA specific problem rather than an inherent property of
the sound hardware?  Does the problem not happen with OSS drivers?

If it is truly ALSA specific, has there been a bug report / patch
proposal for ALSA?

Finally, is there an improvement without the 'chrt ...' command?  Having
to do that seems like the problematic
part of the solution, the rest can be cleaned up...

Cheers,

-Dan