Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Refactoring the addressbook code

Le samedi 25 mars 2006 à 22:11 +0100, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> > I did some more serious googling and found the following very
> > interesting link :
> > http://www.jabber.org/protocol/xmpp-simple.shtml
>
> Damien, you'll notice the contacts list I'm interesting in have no RFC,
> only drafts :-)
>
> I'm not finding the draft very clear : the roster is in fact stored
> locally ?

Yes, and you are using SUBSCRIBE messages to subscribe to presence
events (RFC3856, 3857, 3858). That generates a lot of traffic. That is
why there is a draft (somewhere) that allows sending the whole contact
list in the SUBSCRIBE message.

However, this : draft-ietf-simple-xcap-09
is already supported by SER and XTEN and allows remote storage of the
contacts list.

(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net