Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Again: STUN

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:33:34 +0100
Daniel Huhardeaux <devel tootai net> wrote:

> >user should have a chance to recognize that stun.sipgate.de does not
> >exist. Then he has the chance to correct it into stun.sipgate.net.
> >
> How the hell should Ekiga know it? Lots of companies blocks all
> outgoing traffic, except 80 or proxies, generally 8080. So explain me
> how Ekiga should recognize if stun server is down or not?

It can't. If a DNS entry exist, and you get no answer from the server,
this is an allowed, valid and sensful state for STUN.

> What I don't understand from this thread, is if you know that Ekiga's
> stun server has some problems at this moment, why not just switch to
> another one like the one from voxgratia or another, even setup
> yours ;-)

This thread began about a future-proof solution that's resistant to
down STUN servers. Not about the actual situation, that was just the
initiation for me.

J.

--
Live as if your were to die tomorrow.