Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Again: STUN

I have followed this thread and toyed around a bit with different STUN
servers. So from a user's point of view
1) Ekiga should tell you if it cannot reach a STUN server. E.g. the user
should have a chance to recognize that stun.sipgate.de does not exist. Then
he has the chance to correct it into stun.sipgate.net.
2) Ekiga will be a good softphone but not a service to all of its users. One
attractiveness of "free your speech" is that the user can choose any SIP
provider and select one for a special purpose. When he signs in every
provider will tell the address of his STUN server. The user should enter
that.
3) I like the way the X-ten people handle the problem. They have a primary and
a secondary STUN server in their network setup. In X-lite's default
configuration the first server entry is empty and the secondary is xten.net
(or is it stun.xten.net).
I think that is a good solution for Ekiga as well. Offer two STUN server
entries in the network setup gui, don't overload the druid but provide
stun.ekiga.net as a fallback server.
Regards
Michael