Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Again: STUN

On 3/23/06, Dan Sandberg <x cs stanford edu> wrote:
> On a related note, why does Ekiga say "User is not acceptable" ( or what
> not ) rather than "STUN server down.  Specify an alternate."  Sure
> would've saved me a good deal of frustration.  "User is not acceptable"
> is about as meaningful as "User sucks" to my ears. :)

That seems to be a poor English translation, Dan, which is odd because
most of the English translation in Ekiga is great.  I hear that Damien
considers clean patches :)

Jan wrote:
> Yannick brought a nice idea. Imagine the possibility to have a
> comma-separated list of servers (maybe only the first 2 are respected)
> in the entry field and re-label it "STUN server_s_".

I agree with Yannick.   This would be an exact parallel with DNS and
similar to NTP.

Patching the UI parser to do it would be somewhat boring however, and
someone would need to find a few minutes to code and test it.  Perhaps
not a priority now that stun.ekiga.net is fixed.  "Damien considers
clean patches"(tm)

(I think my ekiga is still pointing to a FWD stun server on the other
side of the Altantic :))