Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Promotion

> >>Seeing the number of private e-mails I still receive about GnomeMeeting,
> >>I don't think interest has dropped yet, but it will certainly if we are
> >>not doing something about it.
> >

> > I think the sooner we can get 2.0 out with SIP support the better. I'm
> > not sure how hard it would be to add IAX2 support now that OPAL
> > supports it but that would help as well too.
> >

> IAX2 support in OPAL is still very basic (at least as basic as SIP
> support was present one year ago). You can not register to an IAX2
> provider, you can not transfer calls, put a call on hold, and so on.
>
> So there is much work to do in OPAL before having IAX2. I'm not ready to
> undertake that work now. Adding support for it in GnomeMeeting would be
> a 2 days work if the support was complete in OPAL :)

Fair enough, I'm not really up on it. Besides its probably not too
much of an issue as most IAX providers also seem to support SIP.

> >>So, how can you help?
> >>
> >>You can help when 2.00 will be released:
> >>- to spread the word about it
> >>- to have stands in conferences in your country
> >>- to post news on internet websites
> >>- to write articles about GnomeMeeting
> >

> > Is it going to be ready in time for gnome 2.14?
>
> Yes, I hope it will be released in January or February 2006.

Excellent :-)

> >>An example is the next FOSDEM, there will most probably be a
> >>GnomeMeeting stand, with T-shirts, and GnomeMeeting-related gadgets, but
> >>also a demonstration.
> >>
> >>I will ask : who is ready to help during the event (25 and 26th of
> >>February) and spend one or two hours on the booth to help Jonita?
> >

> > Excuse my ignorance, but where is the next FOSDEM going to be?
> >

> Brussels :)

That should be doable for me as long as work isn't too nuts. After all
its just a quick Eurostar ride from London which is where I'm now
based.

> >>Also, Jonita has found a new slogan for GM 2.00 :
> >>"A window to the world"
> >>will be replaced by :
> >>"The Freedom of speech"
> >>
> >>Why freedom? Because there is nothing that is more free than
> >>GnomeMeeting : no companies behind it, no commercial interest, open
> >>standards, open codecs...
> >

> > Sounds pretty cool. Its a great product that I've been using on and
> > off for years and years.
> >

> Thanks :)

No problems! I should be thanking you... so thanks :->